At West Branch Eyecare, P.C., every eye examination is a complete, thorough, professional examination, with considerable focus on the health of your eyes. Digital photography is used to create a permanent record of retinal and ocular structures. Automated instrumentation is used to document eye curvatures, visual field status, and eye alignment. Scanning Laser technology is used to evaluate the health of the macular and retinal nerve fiber layer. A Tear Osmolarity unit documents and categorizes dry eye conditions.
We diagnose and treat eye diseases. Your eye examination includes evaluation for cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and other eye diseases. Every visit is customized to your needs depending upon:
- Length of time since previous exam.
- Previously diagnosed medical eye condition.
- General health care issues (diabetes, high blood pressure).
- Specific requirements of your vision plan or medical insurance plan.
- State laws and regulations relative to health care in general and eye examinations specifically.
You can be confident that we are concerned with your general health and especially the health of your eyes at every visit. You may be here for new glasses or contact lenses. You may be concerned about the health of your eyes. You may have a family member who has recently been diagnosed with an eye problem. Whatever the reason for your eye exam, our doctors and staff will identify any vision or health issues for you and provide you with our recommendations for ensuring the best possible outcomes.
Good health and good vision are inseparable. Everyone in our office is committed to helping you have both.
Your examinations may be billable through vision insurance plans or through your major medical insurance when applicable.
Our new patient appointments always begin with a comprehensive eye exam. If you are unsure of your family’s eye health history, it’s helpful to research beforehand, so we can better evaluate your own eye health. Visit our online patient center to download supplemental forms you can fill out before your appointment. If you have never had a comprehensive exam, don’t worry! All the tests and exercises are simple and painless.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Contact lens fittings
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Specialized testing and care for cataracts, glaucoma, and others
- Pre-and post-operative care for eye disease
- Eye emergencies
- Foreign object removal
- Vision services for visually impaired